Keystone Automotive Operations, Inc. - Merchandise Return Policy
Effective January 18, 2010
- All returns must be called in for return authorization. Only items authorized and approved for return will be picked up by your driver with your next delivery. Items not authorized for return will be refused and no credit will be issued. Warranty items will be authorized and handled as per the manufacturer’s policy. Return authorizations will expire 60 days after date of issue.
- Only items currently stocked and purchased from Keystone within the prior 12 months will be considered for return. A Return-to-Stock rate (RTS) will be calculated for each customer on a 12 month rolling basis. Most electronic products are covered by a 90 day return policy. Exceptions to this will be noted on the invoice at time of purchase. No returns will be allowed on special orders, mounted wheels and painted products. Product must be returned in saleable condition. Keystone’s Warehouse Returns Department has final approval on all returns.
Return Handling Charges
|If Your Return Rate (RTS) is:
||The Charge Will Be:
|Less than 10%
||No handling charge
|10 – 14.99%
||15% handling charge
|15% or greater
||25% handling charge
- Please inspect all merchandise for damage or missing parts and make sure all parts invoiced are received before you sign for the merchandise. Keystone reserves the right to deny credit on any and all shortages that are called in after delivery has been made and you have signed for the product without notation of shortage. Additionally, all parts must be trial-fitted before installation. Items damaged due to improper installation or customer mishandling will not be credited upon return.
- Special sales promotions will be initiated for approved new lines or specialty/featured products that Keystone feels will create exciting selling opportunities in the marketplace. Jobbers will be allowed to purchase these products for their store, and if the merchandize does not sell, the product can be returned for up to 6 months, from the end of the promotion, without affecting your return rate. Product must be returned in original packaging and be in saleable condition.
- Any returns to satisfy a past due balance will be credited at invoice price less a 25% to 35% handling charge depending on the SKU. All returned product must be currently stocked by KAO and in saleable condition.
- Defective items will be subject to the manufacturer’s warranty policy and must have a complete description of the defect. Certain manufacturers require that you deal directly with them regarding defective items. Returned items that are claimed to be damaged, which are proven to be sound, will either be returned or reclassified as a return to stock and included in your current return rate. As per manufacturer’s warranty policy, some products such as electronics, may be repaired and returned to the Jobbers.
- Keystone monitors warranty, defective and missing part returns very closely. Jobbers that have warranty/defective return rates higher than the company average will be subject to additional inspection and processing. Warranty/defective material being returned should be in its original packaging or protected appropriately to prevent any further damage. Any returns not properly packaged, will be subject to a 25% handling fee. Additionally, any product not returned complete will be subject to partial credit or refusal.
- Fed Ex/Purolator Return Policy & Procedure: In order to receive proper credit, all Fed Ex/Purolator returns must be accompanied by a Keystone issued Merchandise Return Authorization form (MRA). After you call your return in to Keystone, the MRA will be mailed to you. The package must be shipped to Keystone with all shipping costs prepaid. Credit will be issued after the returned goods are inspected and it is determined that the product is in its original packaging and in resalable condition. Any merchandise not meeting this criteria will be subject to refusal and credit will not be issued. Customers will be billed for missing parts and repackaging.
Download PDF Version: English - Spanish - French